Saturday, October 14, 2006

Play any of these at my funeral and i'm taking you with me


A survey for the Bereavement Register has unearthed the 20 most popular songs requested at funerals.

Despite 'Goodbye My Lover' by James Blunt topping the poll, Mark Roy (the founder of the Bereavement Register) said without any trace of irony,

Gone are the days of dirges of yore, instead we are seeing contemporary music that is easier to relate to,"

That Top 10 in full;

1 - "Goodbye My Lover" - James Blunt

2 - "Angels" - Robbie Williams

3 - "I've Had The Time Of My Life" - Jennifer Warnes and Bill Medley.

4 - "Wind Beneath My Wings" - Bette Midler

5 - "Pie Jesu" - Requiem

6 - "Candle In The Wind" - Elton John

7 - "With Or Without You" - U2

8 - "Tears In Heaven" - Eric Clapton

9 - "Every Breath You Take - The Police

10 -"Unchained Melody" - Righteous Brothers.